golden rules of custom injection mold design
Before you start a new mold design, the particular plastic mold designer should be owning the next data (some components of that have been already stated).
An unambiguous totally comprehensive component drawing
Specifications of the moulding material consisting of grade and color
The moulding machine technical specs
All the estimating details which includes any kind of blueprints
Tool features the following:
- Number of cavity
- Type of mold e.g., two-plate, three-plate, split line, cam，side core and hot runner, etc.
- Type of runner system
- Type of gate
- ways of de-gating
- appication of robotics
- Estimated shot time
Golden plastic mold design guide
1. Never begin a custom plastic mold design without having all of the necessary information.
2. If a proven design is very effective, don’t begin a totally new design provided you can base your own design on the proven one.
3. The easier the design, the more dependable and efficient it will likely be.
4. Always drawing two to three alternative approaches to the design previous to committing yourself to the initial one you think of.
5. Draw an adequate number of views so that the design can be perceived thoroughly.