PIM mold&engineering supplies integrated services to customers as turnkey solution, including plastic design, rapid prototyping,plastic mold making ,injection molding ,secondary operations and final assembly to satisfy the demands. For the injection molding operation, customers’ small run manufacturing orders are always welcome . We often operate plastic injection molding manufacturing orders as low as 500 to 2,000 pcs. The small volume orders could be began within days of placing the order to ascertain the fastest turn-around times in the industry.
Of course ,client’s big plastic manufacturing runs are really welcomed. Counting on the injection molded parts size, we could make 100,000′s to millions of products per batch. Really high volume production would acquire our razor sharp price.Contact us now for more information about how we can help you with plastic mold and plastic molding (blowing and injection molding)related services . We truly offer a complete package of experience and creativity for your plastic related needs.
PIM injction molding services application:
- Computer/Business Equipment ；
- Industrial ；
- Lawn & Garden；
- consumer appliance ；
- Electronics/Electrical ;
Raw material used:
- K Resin
- Nylon 6/6
- Styrene (crystal clear and opaque)
Advantages of injection molding include the following
- High plastic product manufacturing rates. For example, a CD disk can be produced with a 10-12-s cycle in high melt flow index PC.
- Relatively low labor content. One operator can frequently take care of two or more machines, particularly if the injection molding parts are unloaded automatically onto conveyors.
- Parts require little or no finishing. For example, flash can be minimized and molding tools can be arranged to automatically separate runners and gates from the part itself.
- Very complex shapes can be formed. Advances in mold tooling are largely responsible.
- Flexibility of plastic part design for injection molding (finishes, colors, inserts, materials). More than one material can be molded through coinjection. Foam core materials with solid skins are efficiently produced Thermosetting plastics and fiber-reinforced shapes are injection molded.
- Minimum scrap loss. Runners, gates, and scrap can usually be reground. Recycled thermoplastics can be injection molded.
- Close tolerances are obtainable. Modern microprocessor controls, fitted to precision molds, and elaborate hydraulics, facilitate tolerances in the 0 .1% range on dimensions and weights (but not without a high level of operational skills in constant attendance).
- Makes best use of the unique attributes of polymers, such as flowability, light weight, transparency, corrosion resistance. This is evident from the number and variety of molded plastic products in everyday use.
Disadvantages and problems include:
- High investment in equipment and tools requires high production volumes. A 181- tonne clamp force/397-g shot size (200 ton/14 oz) fully automatic machine costs about $150,000. Add some necessities, such as a selection of screws and molds, and the cost of a medium size production unit is well over $250,000. (1994 prices in U.S. dollars)
- Lack of expertise and good preventive maintenance can cause high startup and running costs.
- Quality is sometimes difficult to determine immediately. For example, postmold warpage may render parts unusable because of dimensional changes that are not completed for weeks or months after molding.
- Attention is required on many details requiring a wide variety of skills and cross-disciplinary knowledge.
- Part design sometimes is not well suited to efficient molding.
- Lead time for mold design, mold manufacture and debugging trials is sometimes very long. (It is getting shorter for CAD-CAM operations, using computer-aided mold design and drafting~CAD.)
- Because of the many factors involved, it is sometimes difficult to accurately predict costs for a molding job. If low-margined to start, a slightly inaccurate estimate can result in a loss. The more knowledge, the less the risk.